Monday, December 22, 2008

Of Friends Parte Nueve

I apologize for the delay; sometimes events and people converge to create extenuating situations, you know?  But despite the busyness of life, there should always be this awareness that we have something to keep as motivation, which keeps us going when the next big one comes around.  What do I mean?  I'm not really all that sure, it just makes a lot of sense to me to anticipate that the fruits of our labor and investment will return to us in some way.  I have to believe that this happens- otherwise actions can become trivial and eventually feel next to empty.  

Today's person is Jason Kwock.  We met briefly frosh year of college but I did not get to know him until our sophomore year and I still did not know who he really was then either.  But as we both became more involved at church and saw each other, we clicked from the start.  He eventually moved in with our crew during senior year.  I did not know him for as long as the rest of the roommates but he quickly became one of the closest friends.  I think it is his casual attitude and laid-back demeanor.  I detect his values and his humility when in the company of others and he's always been a hard worker and loyal friend to me.  Whenever I've needed something, he's been there to help me out and not lazily question why he needs to do it nor bail out on me.  That goes a long way in my book- a person consistently keeping his word with the small and big things.  We've remained good friends ever since we graduated and I usually stay at his apartment whenever I visit Irvine.  I don't worry about our friendship.  We both approach the problems and ish that come our way in similar ways.  It's funny because I usually don't like the people that are like me in mannerisms and personality; it's like the laws of magnetism and how polarization occurs.  It's how my social dynamic (not) works.  

Jason's a friend I can rely on.  I define the best friends as those who are able to drop whatever they are doing and go the extra distance to bail someone else out.  It's not about how well we know someone; it's a comparison and measure of how much we love ourselves and others regardless of proximity.  


No comments: